Friday, January 11, 2008

I've done it!

Before leaving the U.S. to live in S. Korea for a whole year, I would adamantly shake my head in aggreeance with those who suggested I keep a blog while I was away. I have been here 2 months, 10 days, 22 hours and I am just now getting around to it. Although I slightly regret not having captured the essence of my initial departure and arrival in passage, I still have 9 months, 21 days and 2 hours to document my life on the other side of the world. I hesitated for reasons unknown to even myself. Was I afraid to make the switch from handwriting my personal thoughts and feelings to using a keyboard and posting them for all of the world to see?
Would I be able to express my thoughts and feelings in the same manner as I did in my trusty journal? The answer to that one my friends is no, but I will do my best to be me in a font that may never resemble my true autography.

After pondering on the style and format my blog should follow, I told my "over-thinking" self to just add short, quick entries when necessary, and develop long, eloquent entries when I have the time and opportunity to be creative. I do not want to go months without updating my precious blog just because I couldn't sit down and scrutinize my manuscript for hours on end.

I hope to keep you interested and updated on my continuous journey of self-discovery in South East Asia.

1 comment:

Alex Pollack said...

Whoo hoo! Looking forward to it!