Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Beijing Bound.

It's 1:10 a.m. Wednesday morning, February 6th, and I am supposed to wake up in 3 hours and 4 minutes to meet Natalie in the lobby and catch a cab to the Royal Palace to meet our travel companions Alex, Erica and Jason; after which we will ride a bus to the Incheon airport and fly to China. Beijing, China!

You might be wondering, "Why Jovan are you awake, and typing a blog entry?"
BECAUSE I CAN'T FREAKIN BELIEVE I AM HEADED TO CHINA TOMORROW!!!! And I thought what a better time to release some anxiety, and catch up on my blog, that... I know, I know... I said I would keep up with regularly. Over the last 2 weeks I have been contemplating what to write next about my new life in Korea, and finally I decided just to shutup (you know in my head) and to write something.

Beijing, Beijing, Beijing! The five of us are on an English tour and our first stop is the Summer Palace. Due to my last minute shopping for a Lonely Planet book on Beijing, I did not obtain one and I really can't tell you what might be in store for us at the Summer Palace. Our tour also includes Tiananmen Square, The Great Wall...yes the GREAT WALL! Chinese Opera, a circus, a duck dinner (Beijing or Peking, call it what you like)Ming Tomb, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, and much more, for example I heard it is required by the Chinese government that your tour include silk and tea factories. I am so excited. Yes, I have heard the warnings and I am not going to list them here because ignorance is bliss and I do not want anyone to worry about me. Of course by making the previous statement I assume my family reads this.
I promise to be very careful and to write about my trip as soon as I return. I can't wait to take pictures AAAHHHHHHH!

P.S. I am at the 3 month mark and I am pretty sure it has set in that I now LIVE in S. Korea and will only see my family (most of them) once in an entire year.

No comments: